CSEET Syllabus 2022 - Paper Wise Syllabus, Important Topics, Exam Pattern
CSEET Syllabus 2022 - The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) provides the official syllabus of CSEET 2022. Candidates can check the syllabus on the official website of ICSI. Before starting their preparation, candidates are advised to check the CSEET Syllabus 2022. Complete information related to the papers covered, topics and related subtopics included in each paper are mentioned in the syllabus. The CSEET exam for the January session will be held on January 8, 2022.
Stay up-to date with CSEET News
Note that in order to qualify the CSEET exam, candidates need to secure a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all papers. Candidates qualifying CSEET exam will be able to register for CS Executive 2022 exams.
CSEET Syllabus 2022 - Paper Wise
As per the exam pattern of CSEET, there are four papers in CSEET each having a separate relevance. By going through the CSEET 2022 syllabus candidates can know the topics and subtopics covered in each paper from which the questions are asked.
Each paper is related to a different domain. The four papers covered under CSEET syllabus 2022 are -
Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
Economic & Business Environment
Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
Note: In 2021 viva voca was dropped due to COVID-19 pandemic. Details of the viva voce for CSEET 2022 will be updated by ICSI on its official website and in this article also.
Let us look at the topics and subtopics covered in each paper in detail:
CSEET Syllabus Paper 1 - Business Communication
Essentials of Good English
• English Grammar and its usage-Noun, Pronouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Interjection, Voice, Articles, Tenses, Prefix and Suffix, Punctuations etc.
• Enriching Vocabulary-Choice of words, Synonyms and Antonyms
• Common errors in English • Words with multiple meanings
• One word substitution
• Words frequently mis-spelt
• Idioms and phrases
• Para jumbles
• Sentence completion
• Sentence arrangement
• Sentence correction
• Foreign words and phrases commonly used • Comprehension of passage and art of Summarizing
• Concept of Communication, Meaning and Significance of Good Communication
• Business Communication- Principles and Process • Means of Communication- Written, Oral, Visual, Audiovisual
• Choice of Modes of Communication
• Communication Networks- Vertical, Circuit, Chain, Wheel, Star
• Commonly used Mediums of Digital CommunicationEmail, SMS, Voice mail, Multimedia, Teleconferencing, Mobile Phone Conversation, Video Conferencing etc.
• Listening Skills-Types, Purpose, Steps to Effective Listening, Barriers to Effective Listening and Ways to overcome the Barriers
• Barriers to Effective Communication and Ways to overcome the Barriers
• Business Letters - Its Essentials, Parts, Types, Salutations
• Positive Messages, Negative Messages and Persuasive Messages
• Business Reports, Inter and Intra-departmental Communication- Office Orders, Office Circulars, Memorandum, Office Notes, Management Information System (MIS)
• Concept of Web, Internet and E-correspondence
• Intranet- Benefit and Purpose
• Email - Features, Procedure to Write a Formal Email, Email Etiquettes
• Essential Elements of Email- Subject line, Formal Greeting, Target Audience (Reader), Clarity and Conciseness, Formal Closing, Proof reading, Feedback
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Email
Common Business Terminologies
Terms defined under various Laws, Rules and Regulations including Financial and Non-Financial terms and expressions
CSEET Syllabus Paper 2 - Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
• Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
• Directive Principles of State Policy
• State under Constitution
• President and Governors
• Council of Ministers and Prime Minister
• Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Legislative Assembly, Legislative Council
• Supreme Court and High Courts
• Landmark Amendment in Constitution
• List of subjects-Centre, State and Concurrent
Elements of General Laws (Indian Contract Act and Law of Torts)
Law of Contract
Law of Torts
Elements of Company Secretaries Legislation
• The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
• Vision, Mission, Motto and Core Values of the Institute
• Company Secretary under Company Secretaries Act, 1980.
• Functions of Company Secretary under the Companies Act, 2013
• Role of Company Secretary in Employment
• Role of Company Secretary in Practice
Elements of Company Law
• Meaning and Nature of Company
• Types of Companies
• Incorporation of a Company
• Types of capital
• Board of Directors -(Concept, Appointment and Removal of Directors)
• Board Meetings & Shareholders Meetings
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Business Ethics
• Ethical Dilemma
Legal Fundamentals and Terms
• Legal Problems – Reading and understanding a case
• Legal Terminology and Maxims
• Legal Reasoning- (a) Reasoning by Analogy (b) Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
• Questions of Fact (or factual issues)
• Questions of Law (or legal issues)
• Landmark Judgments of Supreme Court and High Court
• Reading Comprehension
• Cause and Effect Reasoning
• Coding and Decoding
• Deriving Conclusion from Passages
• Drawing Inference
• Number Test
• Sequence and Series
• Statement and Assumptions
• Alphabet Test
• Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle
• Assertion and Reason
• Blood Relations
• Decision Making
• Inserting Missing Characters
• Logical Sequence Test
• Logical Venn Diagram
• Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test
• Truth Tellers and Liars
• Analytical Reasoning
• Completion of Incomplete Pattern
• Figure Matrix
• Grouping of Identical Figures
• Mirror Image
• Rule Detection
• Numeric and Alphabet Series
CSEET Syllabus Paper 3 - Economic & Business Environment
Basics of Demand and Supply and Forms of Market Competition
• Theory of Demand and Supply
• Equilibrium Price
• Elasticity of Demand and Supply and other related concepts
• Increase and Decrease in Demand and Expansion and Contraction of Demand
• Forms of Market Competition- Monopoly, Duopoly, Oligopoly, Perfect Competition and Monopolistic Competition
National Income Accounting and Related Concepts
• Meaning and methods to compute National Income
• Key variables of National Income (GNP, GDP, NNP, NDP etc.)
Indian Union Budget
• Key terminologies / heads covered under the budget
• Revenue and Capital Budget
• Major components of Revenue and Capital Budget
• Meaning of Fiscal Deficit
• Components/ Variables covered under Fiscal Deficit
Indian Financial Markets
• Overview of Indian Financial Ecosystem
• Key facets of Indian financial system
• Growth of Financial Institutions
• Public and private sector banks
• Industrial Finance Corporation of India, Small Industries Development Bank of India
• Regional Rural Banks
• Cooperative Banks
• Non-Banking Finance Companies
• Basics of Capital Market: Types of Shares and Debentures
• Financial assistance scenario for Small and Medium Enterprises and Start-Ups.
• Primary (Agriculture and allied activities)
• Secondary (Manufacturing)
• Tertiary (Services):
• Current scenario of agriculture and allied activities in
• Agricultural and Industrial Policies of India
• Current scenario of services sector in India
• Balance of Payments
• Components of Balance of Payments
• Favorable and Unfavorable Balance of Trade
• Foreign Investments in India- Types and Flows
• Government initiatives to foster entrepreneurship
• Need for entrepreneurship in India
• Bottlenecks in entrepreneurial growth
• Overview of Business Environment
• Features and factors influencing business
• Types of environment: Economic environment,
Socio-cultural environment, Political environment,
Legal and Technological environment
• Ease of Doing Business Index by World Bank for
India and Department for Promotion of Industry and
Internal Trade (DPIIT) for States
Key Government Institutions
Basic awareness about various institutions and regulatory bodies in India such as NITI Aayog, MCA, SEBI, RBI, IBBI, CCI, NCLT/NCLAT etc.
CSEET Syllabus Paper 4 - Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
Current affairs of national and international
importance relating to:
• International bodies (ASEAN, BRICS, SAARC, G-20,
• Organizations like, RBI, NABARD, CCI, IBBI, IMF,
OECD, ADB, World Bank, etc.
• Summits and conferences
• Current development in Banking and Finance
(digital banking, govt. initiatives, financial
• Current political scenario
• Initiatives/ schemes of the government
• Language and national symbols
• Governance and ethics
• International diplomacy
• Current development in stock markets
• Recent important judgments passed by Supreme
Court and High Courts of India, Tribunals
• Current affairs related to CS Institute/Profession
and regulatory bodies
• Current updates on environment, biodiversity,
climate change and sustainable development
• Latest developments in science and technology,
IT, Computers and Space science
• Business personalities and leaders
• Committees and appointments
• Art and culture
• Books and their authors
• Awards and honours
• Questions based on audio clips
• Grammar Test
• Vocabulary Test
Written Communication Skills
• Writing on a given topic
• Correcting a given paragraph
• Short Note writing
• Essay writing
• Precis writing
CSEET Exam Pattern 2022
Details related to the mode of exam, number of questions asked, marking scheme, total time duration, total papers etc., are mentioned in the exam pattern of CSEET 2022. ICSI prescribes the exam pattern officially. Candidates preparing for the exam must check the exam pattern once to understand the given details. Any changes in the exam pattern by ICSI will be notified in this article.
Exam pattern of CSEET 2022
Number of questions
Mode of exam
Online/remote proctored mode*
Type of questions
Multiple choice questions (MCQs)
No. of papers
*To be confirmed by ICSI before CSEET 2022 January exam
CSEET Syllabus 2022 - Online Classes
To help students in the preparation, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) also conducts online classes at its various chapter-wise and region-wise offices. Details related to the online class for CSEET 2022 January session are being updated by ICSI.
To attend the online classes, candidates will be required to fill an online form due to limited number of seats.
Candidates need to pay some fees for online classes in order to enrol themselves. The classes will be conducted by an expert faculty on the allotted time schedule.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CSEET Syllabus 2022 - Paper Wise Syllabus, Important Topics, Exam Pattern
Question: How many papers are there in CSEET 2022 exam?
As per the CSEET syllabus, the exam has four papers -
Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
Economic & Business Environment
Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
Question: Does ICSI conduct any classes for helping students in CSEET preparation?
Yes, CSEET online classes are conducted by ICSI on time to time basis for helping students in their preparation. A nominal fee is charged by ICSI which is to be paid mandatorily.
Question: Where will i find the syllabus of CSEET 2022?
Candidates who want to prepare for the exam can find the CSEET 2022 syllabus on the official website of ICSI or in this article.
Question: Is it compulsory to attend the CSEET 2022 online classes for all students?
No, attending the online classes of CSEET 2022 are not mandatory for everyone. Those who wish to join the classes can fill the form in advance.
Question: Is there any change in CSEET syllabus 2022?
No, as of now no changes have been made by ICSI in CSEET 2022 syllabus. Any modifications will be notified on this page.
Question: What type of questions are asked in CSEET exam?
Only MCQ questions are asked in the CSEET exam.
Question: How will the CSEET 2022 exam be conducted?
The mode of exam is likely to be remote proctored. However, it will be confirmed once officially disclosed by ICSI before the exam.
CSEET Eligibility Criteria 2022 - Before filling the applicati...
CSEET FAQs 2022 - Get all the updated information related to I...
CSEET 2021 - ICSI has declared the CSEET 2021 result on Novemb...
Questions related to CSEET
sir cseet ka paper. hindi /English done h hota h
The Company Secretary executive entrance test is conducted only in the English language and not in the Hindi language. The examination of Company secretary executive is conducted in 58 cities of India. The examination is conducted by contracting authority Institute of Company secretaries of India. There are both modes of application applicable for conducting company secretary executive entrance examination Online and Offline. For being eligible for company secretary executive entrance test, your age must be 17 or more than 17 years and you must hold Indian citizenship. This is so because foreign nationals are not allowed for appearing in Company secretary executive entrance examination.
Read More about Company secretary executive entrance examination by clicking on mentioned below link:
how many times can I attend the CSEET exam if i have registered once
Hope you are doing well.
You can attempt the CSEET exam only once with the registration. And if you fail or won't give that exam due to any reason than for giving it later you'll have to do registration for it again to appear for that examination. And, the ICSI CS executive entrance exam do administer by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) for direct admission to CS executive programs. On their official website, candidates who have completed their 12th grade, graduates, and postgraduates can apply for the ICSI CSEET.
TO KNOW MORE PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK GIVEN BELOW;
GOOD LUCK, STAY MOTIVATED AND HOPE THIS HELPS.
is it important to attend CSEET mock test ? can we attend that in mobile phone
Hello Priyanka S
As per Official Announcement Yes it is mandatory for all the student of ICSI Board to attend the mock test of CSEET who has applied for CSEET Entrance exam.
ICSI Conducts the CSEET Mock test to Familiarise Candidates with the rules of Examination.
No you cant give this mock test by using your phone. ICSI conducts the CSEET in a remote proctored Mode. all the students have to appear this test using SEB (safe exam Browser) in the laptop or desktop.
I am in std 12th right now...preparing for boards upcoming in march ..As I want to give my cseet attempt in july 2022 ....so when can I register for it?? is it possible right now??
they still did not open the registrations. please be patient.
I have registered for CSEET on December 9th so can I attend the exam on May 2022
The registrations for January session were open till December 15. As you have mentioned that you registered on December 9, so your exam window falls in the January session. You have to appear in January exam which is on January 8, 2022.
However if you are not yet prepared, please refill the CSEET application form for May session CSEET exam. The registrations for May are open till April 15, 2022. The exam will be on May 7, 2022.