ACET Syllabus 2020
ACET Syllabus 2020- The Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) has released the syllabus for ACET 2020 on their official website. The ACET syllabus 2020 is provided in a very organized manner clearly reflecting the sectional distribution and the sub-topics covered there under. There are 5 sections provided under the ACET syllabus covering Mathematics, Statistics, English, data interpretation and logical reasoning. Candidates aspiring for the upcoming session of ACET exam have to prepare as per the ACET 2020 syllabus complying with the distribution of marks as well. The article below contains the major topics and sub-topics covered as per ACET exam syllabus and the marking scheme followed while evaluating the candidate’s answer books.
Latest: Last date of ACET 2020 Registrations extended till May 29. Apply online now.
Candidates preparing for ACET 2020 should focus more upon Mathematics and Statistics as these two sections hold the maximum number of marks and is relevant for post ACET phase as well. The actuarial entrance being not that easy, it is not at all advisable to leave any of the five sections, but a planned strategy might bring better results in a shorter preparation period.
ACET Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam
Total Number of Questions
Distribution of Marks
45 questions – 1 mark each
20 questions – 2 marks each
05 questions – 3 marks each
Mathematics - 30 marks
Statistics - 30 marks
Data Interpretation - 15 marks
English - 15 marks
Logical Reasoning - 10 marks
ACET 2020 Syllabus
Notation and standard functions
Permutations and combinations
Types of data
Measures of location
Measures of spread
Discrete random variables
Continuous random variables
Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
English Usage or Grammar
Fill in the blanks
Analogies or Reverse Analogies
Facts / Inferences / Judgements
Number and Letter Series
Click here to check the ACET 2020 syllabus on the official website.
ACET Study Material 2020
Knowing the ACET syllabus is as important while preparing for actuarial entrance as that of ACET study material 2020. It helps shaping the path which has to be followed while studying for the ACET exam. Candidates are also advised to always refer to the previous year’s/ session’s question papers so that they understand the questions asked previously and what their answers should be. This can be achieved with the help of ACET question papers and their corresponding solutions as provided through the official website.
There are books as well which help candidates prepare for ACET 2020 exam in a way that none of the topics is left and the important ones are addressed depending upon the weightage only.
ACET Marking Scheme 2020
Total number of Questions
Marks awarded for correct answer
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - ACET Syllabus 2020
Question: How much marks do I need to score to pass the ACET 2020?
One has to score at least 50% marks in order to qualify ACET 2020.
Question: In how many sections is the ACET syllabus divided?
There are 5 sections amongst which, the syllabus for ACET 2020 is distributed.
Question: Is there any negative marking in ACET exam?
No, since July 2019 when changes were introduced, negative marking is also called off for ACET exam.
Questions related to ACET
Should I order Sourav sir classes ACET BOOK SET from amazon ? Is it useful?
I would suggest that whatever help you think you need for your entrance exam you should take it. Every book has its own value. If you think that you can gain from some book you should buy it depending on your needs.
Whats all included in Algebra topic in mathematics for ACET EXAM?
The "ActuarialCommon Entrance Test" (ACET) is an entrance exam for those who want to join as the members of the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) and plan to take & qualify in the various actuarial examinations conducted by the Institute of Actuaries India. ACET is conducted twice in a year.After clearing the ACET, a candidate needs to clear a series of 15 papers prescribed by the IAI to be awarded the Fellowship in Actuary (FIAI) to be designated as a Qualified Actuary.
Examination syllabus is as follows:
As per your query - Alebra subject comes under Mathematics.
Question pattern of Alegbra in ACET:
1. Manipulate algebraic expressions involving powers, logs, polynomials and
2. Solve simple equations, including simultaneous equations by rearrangement, substitution, cancellation, expansion and factorisation.
3. Solve an equation that can be expressed as a quadratic equation by factorisation, by “completing the square” or by applying the quadratic formula, and identify which of the roots is appropriate in a particular context.
4. Solve inequalities (“inequations”) in simple cases and understand the concept of a “strict” or “weak” inequality.
5. State and apply the arithmetic-geometric mean inequality, and know the conditions under which equality holds.
6.Understand and apply the Σ and Π notation for sums and products, including
sums over sets and repeated sums.
6. Calculate the sum of a series involving finite arithmetic or geometric progressions or non-terminating geometric progressions using the formulaes and be able to determine when a non-terminating geometric series converges. 7.Solve simple first or second order difference equations including applying boundary conditions by inspection or by means of an auxiliary equation.
All the Best!!
Please suggest me a book of Statistics which can help me in ACET exams 2020?
here are the book recommendations for ACET preparation
1. TOMATO (test of mathematics at ten plus two level published) by indian statistical institute (ISI)
2. ACTED study material - FAC and STATS PACK by actuarial education comapany
3. how to prepare for verbal ability and reading comprehension for CAT by arun sharma and meenakshi upadhyay , Mc graw hill
4. trishna's data interpretation and logical reasoning for the CAT and other MBA entrance examinations by T.I.M.E
5. how to prepare for quantitative aptitude for the CAT editor by arun sharma
6. problem primer for the olympaid editors by CR pranesachar , BJ venkatachala , CS yogananda
7. qunatitative aptitude for competitive examinations editor by abhijit guha
8. an excursion in mathematics editors by M.R modak , .S.A katre, V.V Acharya , V.M sholapurkar
for more books and details go through the link
hope this helps!
I just registered for ACET EXAM 2020 . Please guide me , how should i prepare and which books should I refer?
Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET) is a national level exam conducted by IAI (Institutes of Actuaries of India).
ACET is of 3 hours duration conducted in online mode comprising of two sections -
Section 1 - Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation
Section 2 - English & Logical Reasoning
You can check complete syllabus and other details at
is binomial theorem in syllabus of Acet?
Yes binomial theorem is in the syllabus for ACET exam. In mathematics in discrete distributions you have binomial theorem. The admit card for February session will be available from February 15th. Please click the below link for the syllabus.