CA CPT Exam Pattern 2018 - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has released examination schedule for June session exam and exam pattern of CA CPT 2018 for June examination will remain same as previous year. This year CA CPT will be held on June 17, 2018. The registration and application form filling process of CA CPT 2018 commenced from April 4, 2018, 10:00 AM onwards. CA CPT is a national level qualifying examination, conducted two times in a year i.e. in June and in December. CA CPT June examination 2018 will be conducted in offline mode in two sessions- forenoon and afternoon. CA CPT exam will test candidates' knowledge of four subjects, viz. Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. CA CPT 2018 exam pattern will aid aspirants in CA CPT exam preparations. Candidates can check in this article complete details about CA CPT exam pattern 2018 including test pattern of CA CPT, subjects, type of questions, syllabus, marking scheme, etc.
LATEST - Candidates can check CPT Result here!
Important Note: CA CPT exam will NOT be conducted after June 2019 session. CA CPT 2019 June session will be the last session of CPT exam. It has been decided in lieu of the introduction of new CA entry level exam, i.e. CA Foundation 2018, under revised scheme.After June 2019, CA Foundation will become the sole CA entry-level qualification examination. Until this period, both CA CPT and CA Foundation examinations will be conducted by ICAI.
CA CPT 2018 June exam will be conducted in two sessions, such that the test for two subjects will be taken in the first session and for remaining two, the test was taken in another session. Each session will be of two hours, such that the total duration for CA CPT exam will be four hours. Candidates will be given a break of two hours in between the two sessions. Candidates were required to attend both sessions to qualify and complete CA CPT 2018 exam. Candidates can check below details regarding modalities of CA CPT 2018 exam pattern -
CA CPT 2018 Exam Pattern
CA CPT 2018 Exam Pattern: Overview
Exam Mode - Pen and paper-based test
Test Medium - English or Hindi
Test Sessions - 2 Sessions
Exam Timings - First session: 10:30 am -12:30 noon, Second session: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Test Duration - 2 hours for each session
Subjects - Four subjects
Type of questions - Objective Type Questions
Number of Questions - 200 questions
Total Marks - 200 marks
CA CPT Exam Schedule 2018
Sessions for CA CPT 2018
Question Paper Sections
(10:30 am to 12:30 noon)
Sec A - Fundamentals of Accounting
Sec B - Mercantile Law
(2:00 pm to 4:00 pm)
Sec C - General Economics
Sec D - Quantitative Aptitude
ICAI has made it mandatory for all candidates to secure at least 30% marks in each section/subject and 50% in aggregate of all sections in order to pass CA CPT exam.
The syllabus of CA CPT 2018 will help candidates in preparing for CA CPT entry-level exam. All the topics which will be covered in the question paper of CA CPT 2018 are mentioned in CA CPT 2018 syllabus. Candidates can know about the syllabus of CA CPT 2018 from below -
Syllabus of CA CPT 2018 -
Fundamentals of Accounting -
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Depreciation accounting
- Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
- Accounting for Special Transactions
- Partnership Accounts
- Introduction to Company Accounts
Mercantile Law -
The Indian Contract Act, 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract, performance of contract and breach of contract
The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights
The Indian Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners – Registration and dissolution of a firm
General Economics -
- Micro Economics
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Indian Economic Development
- Introduction to Micro Economics
- Money and Banking
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Indian Economy – A Profile
- Select Aspects of Indian Economy
- Economic Reforms in India
Quantitative Aptitude -
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
- Simple and Compound Interest including annuity – Applications
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus
- Statistical description of data
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Sets, Functions and Relations
- Limits and Continuity â”€ Intuitive Approach
- Theoretical Distributions
- Sampling Theory
- Correlation and Regression
- Index Numbers
CA CPT Sample Papers - Click here to download sample papers of CA CPT 2018 as released by ICAI, official exam conducting authority. CA CPT mock tests papers and model test papers were helpful to candidates in preparation for CA CPT June 2018 examination. Moreover, ICAI also provided the study material for each section of CA CPT 2018.
CA CPT Marking Scheme 2018
- Each question of CA CPT question paper carried one mark.
- There was negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- The questions attempted with more than one option were considered wrong and negative marking were allotted for those answers.
- No marks were awarded or deducted for unattempted questions.